------extPart_000_0011_01C01851.5432B200

I have just been looking at Apollo, which as I see it
is basically an extension library that makes Delphi
components available.

It is very impressive. I do not usually favor solutions
that are platform-dependent, but I do like Delphi. (I
have not used it much.) And anyway, Inprise is porting
it to Linux soon...

But for those in the Ruby community who run Windows
and/or like Delphi, you should look at this. It looks very
promising to me.

Note to those who hate Pascal: Object Pascal as realized
in Delphi is far, far beyond standard Pascal. Just FYI.
And anyway, Apollo makes it unnecessary to know Pascal.

Just a quick note to praise work well done.

Hal Fulton

------extPart_000_0011_01C01851.5432B200

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I have just been looking at Apollo, which as I see
it</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>is basically an extension library that makes
Delphi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>components available.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>It is very impressive. I do not usually favor
solutions</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>that are platform-dependent, but I do like Delphi.
(I</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>have not used it much.) And anyway, Inprise is
porting</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>it to Linux soon...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>But for those in the Ruby community who run
Windows</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>and/or like Delphi, you should look at this. It looks
very</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>promising to me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Note to those who hate Pascal: Object Pascal as
realized</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>in Delphi is far, far beyond standard Pascal. Just
FYI.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>And anyway, Apollo makes it unnecessary to know
Pascal.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Just a quick note to praise work well done.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hal Fulton</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------extPart_000_0011_01C01851.5432B200--