Thanks for all the responses.  So I guess we are already dealing with a
pretty reasonable gc and I just have to make effort to get around it.

I have just one thing that I would like to get clarified.  Suppose the
code is as simple as

    loop (in C):
        create a (simple) Ruby object
        interact with the user through this Ruby object
        when the user method returns, delete this Ruby object

If I try to modify the sweep part by deleting this Ruby object manually,
will it likely to break?

Regards,

Bill