Hi,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  Is it really true that Ruby is in many
ways a functional language?  I know that Ruby was influenced to a certain
degree by Lisp, but can you elaborate on this further?  If Ruby indeed has
some functional language nature, I will nominate Ruby as "the ultimate
functional language" :), just like one C course instructor called C as the
"ultimate assembly language".

I am almost at the point of deciding to learn a functional language.  The
only problem is still the question, why Haskell?  Why not Scheme, ML, or
Lisp, which have discussion groups?

Regards,

Bill