On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 18:28, Robert Warning wrote:

> Well netscape sure looks like Tk ugliness (down to the menus checkboxes
> and that silly scollbar) to me even if it was not done in Tk  :) I use

Oh, wait, are you talking about ancient Netscape?  I'm thinking current
Netscape.  ^,^  Old Netscape was done in Athena or something like that;
the widget set Tk got its inspiration from.

> either GNOME or just Openbox. Since the program I'm planning is done
> just for Openbox, I (hopefully ;) won't have a portability problem. Even

Openbox?

> if one is a non Gnome user most boxes I've encountered have GTK+ on
> them. Oh well I think I'm going to use GTK rather than Tk and I'll look
> into FOX too. GTK mainly because I can emulate the Openbox look and feel
> better than Tk.

Ah.  Every UNIX system I've seen has had Tk.  Almost every Linux system
has GTK+ (even the KDE-only ones, thanks to the popularity of the
GIMP).  I guess more and more UNIX's have GTK now as well.  FOX isn't
installed by default on any system I've seen to date, tho...

If you wanted _real_ portability, maybe there is an Xlib module for
Ruby... ~,^  That would be... interesting.