>... To me tk looks a bit dated (graphics wise not
> functionally).

This is an interesting point.  I've only written a couple of GUI programs, but
I found Ruby/Tk to be very functional, indeed.  It's just the look that's
less than appealing, compare to other libraries.

Maybe I'm just being naive, but would it be possible, perhaps, for the visuals
of Tk to be updated to look like some of the more modern GUI libraries?  That
would almost be enough for me to consider Ruby/Tk to be totally acceptable
for anything I'd like to write.

I realise, of course, that this is a job for the Tk people.  I wonder if
there's already work underway ... or is Tcl/Tk stagnant at this stage?