Tom Sawyer <transami / transami.net> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 12:16, Jim Menard wrote:
> > That is the only reason I translated DataVision from Ruby to Java. The code
> > feels bloated now, but at least the GUI runs everywhere without end users
> > having to install a GUI library.
>
> now that's interesting.
>
> would you consider porting back if we could give you a good GUI
> solution?

I'm not sure. DataVision has a large user base now and I can't abandon
them. I will have to continue Java development even if I port it back to
Ruby.

I would also have to think about what would make a "good GUI solution". I
started by tring Tk, FOX, and Gtk. Each one didn't do something I wanted.
Don't ask what; it's been about a year since I switched.

You can still get the Ruby version; visit
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=33343 and grab
version 0.0.2.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"I am sure that like Java, [C#] will be a 'no pointer' language, where the