Peter Hickman <peter / semantico.com> writes:

> However, and there always is one, there is one thing that drags me back
> to Java which I despise. A cross platform GUI as standard. I think that
> this is what turned alot of people onto Java, I know it got me. Now if
> Ruby had one that was part of the standard install for all platforms
> (Windows, Linux, Macintosh as a minimum) then I could forget all about
> Java and clear some space on my bookshelf.

That is the only reason I translated DataVision from Ruby to Java. The code
feels bloated now, but at least the GUI runs everywhere without end users
having to install a GUI library.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"We get a million calls a month saying, 'Hey, this product is confusing.'"