Hi,

 As someone who's barely touched a Windows system in 4 years, I'm in
some need of help designed a "simple" script: we have some 100+
documents saved in MS Word format.  We need them converted to RTF format
(the Township I work for has a new policy, thanks to my boss and I,
mandating all publicly available documents must be in portable and,
preferably, open standard formats).

 Anyways... is there a way using the OLE thingy in Ruby (see my grasp of
Windows terminology) to take a list of files, open and save them as RTF
in Word, without having to do it manually?  I think there's a whole
'nother batch of crud that needs conversion besides just the web-site
stuff I'm working on now.

 Thanks,
Sean Etc.