On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:52:30PM +0900, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:
> (hopefully the language can be considered to be "better" than Ruby in
> some specific areas, or just simply has totally different approach;
> hopefully also we will not have to consider Lisp-like programming
> languages).

What's wrong with Lisp, or functional programming in general?  I've done
some work in functional languages such as OCaml and Scheme and can say
it's a very powerful idea for certain problems, far better than Java or
Ruby in many respects for certain problems, such as for doing AI work
and compiler construction.

--
Rafael R. Sevilla <dido at imperium dot ph>	+63(2)8123151
Software Developer, Imperium Technology Inc.	+63(917)4458925