On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:13:50AM +0900, Reimer Behrends wrote:
> What you describe is actually normal behavior for select().
>
> If select() returns a ready file descriptor and read() returns zero
> bytes, this indicates an EOF condition (think of EOF as a zero-length
> block of data that can be read).

Thanks,

I had just figured this out when I got your email. The root of my problems
is I was selecting on file descriptors that had reached eof.

Making sure I only selected on file descriptors that had not reached eof
solved my problem.

Jeff.
--
Jeff Putsch                       Email: putsch / mxim.com
Maxim Integrated Products        Office: (503)547-2037