Hi,

I am sorry that there have been so many responses; it is very hard to
decide what to do.  Can I make the boundary more clear?  The new language
should satisfy all the following criteria:

1) Age
The language should have been around more than 5 years, so that it is
relatively stable with most bugs already fixed.

2) User Base
It is very difficult to calculate the number of users, but one simple test
is whether it has a discussion group and whether the discussions are still
very active.

3) C/C++ and Java Interface
The language should be able to be interfaced to either C/C++ or
Java.  This is for practicality, so that we can easily justify our spent
resources.

4) Library
The language should have a reasonably well built library, such as regular
expression (in Ruby it is native), OLE, GUI, Web, scientific
computations, etc., and people are still developing and contributing to
the library.

5) Syntax
The syntax should be easy, clean, short and regular (something like Ruby
:)) so that we spend less time coding.

6) (Optional) Execution and Memory Performance
Ideally, the language should be comparable in performance with C, but this
is the last to be expected.

In particular, does Haskell even satisfy all the criteria above?  IMHO,
Tcl, Perl, Python, and Ruby satisfy 1) to 5), and I have used them all.

Regards,

Bill