William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:
> To Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:
>
> I think in the book "The Pragmatic Programmer", one of the advices is to
> learn a new language at least once a year.  Probably for the year 2001 it
> was Ruby.  Now we are already in August 2002.  Is there any language
> candidate for this year?

I'll assing you Poplog. This will require you to learn POP-11, Prolog
and Common Lisp. I'll give you 5 years for that, but as a final exam
you'll have to write a complete, modular editor, as powerful as
Emacs, based on POP-11 but with full Poplog capabilities (thus
allowing use of Emacs-Lisp code). You may use VED (Poplog native
editor) as a base, and you'll have to implement a VIM emulation layer
on The Beast.

Sounds like good homework? :D

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta