To Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:

I think in the book "The Pragmatic Programmer", one of the advices is to
learn a new language at least once a year.  Probably for the year 2001 it
was Ruby.  Now we are already in August 2002.  Is there any language
candidate for this year?

I am sorry, it is not my intention to have a discussion on defending
Ruby.  The intention is to gather information on what other good new
languages out there are worthy to learn, after we know Ruby (hopefully the
language can be considered to be "better" than Ruby in some specific
areas, or just simply has totally different approach; hopefully also we
will not have to consider Lisp-like programming languages).

Regards,

Bill