I have been reading snippets that people have been saying about Ruby
not being good for embeding, over and over again in different threads.

I have been planning on writing an application in C++ (boo...hiss) and
embeding Ruby inside of it.  Basically, I want to write a FAST, RICH
objectory and expose Ruby to it staticly, then allow my end users to
use a pure Ruby API to control it.

My question is: is this doable?  I have tried in the past to embed
Ruby and hit a wall, I have been hoping that this would be resolved as
Ruby matured.  Is Ruby maturing in the embedable direction?

//ed