Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 17965-18021"
    on 02/08/20, Paul Brannan <pbrannan / atdesk.com> writes:

|>   You can get scope-in-state library from RAA:
|>   http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=scope-in-state
|
|In what ways does this library differ from dblack's Ruby Behaviors
|(http://www.superlink.net/~dblack/ruby/behaviors/)?

It is:

  * more complex implementation
  * thread safe
  * faster (I think)

than Ruby Behavior.

|>   Matz has said that we must reconsider allocation framework itself.
|
|I thought the purpose of the allocation framework was so that I could
|intercept the allocation of an object; that is, I could know when an
|object was about to be allocated, and I could know when an object had
|already been allocated but not yet initialized.
|
|Why would I want to allocate an object but not initialize it?

The original intention was

  * to allow hook for the object creation
  * to know the type (e.g. T_OBJECT) of the class instance.

but it caused some problems, so that I'm working on it again.

							matz.