On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 11:08, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Well, with rbot 0.9.4 there was an error about SIGHUP not being a
> recognized command (commenting the trap line solved it), but it
> wouldn't connect.

Well SIGHUP isn't a commmand par se... it's a unix termination signal
that u can send to the program to tell it to terminate.

> Then it looked for /etc/hosts (this is probably a problem with the
> HTTP packages?)
again this is unix specific... in windows it's  in c:\windows\lmhosts
iirc. /etc/hosts hold the ip <-> name solution lijnes for machines that
are on your local network usually as I have indicated below.

192.168.0.1     firewall.summerfield-technology.co.uk fw
192.168.0.2	dev.summerfield-technology.co.uk dev
etc
etc

> And even when creating this file it failed by saying that the
> required address was not valid for its context.

What i'm going to do is if i get time tonight i'm going to d/l ruby for
windows and rbot (again :) ) and i'll have a go... I'll keep you all
posted as to how i get on.

regards
Charles