Hello, I have been moving perl objects around for years and I was very
pleased to see the light article in Dr Dobbs -- or was it Byte --

My problem w/ perl serialization is that you cannot serialize code,
such as methods.  My knowledge of Ruby is scant so my question is
"does Ruby solve this problem ??"

If so, can you send a marshalled object to a remote ruby box and
expect it to be involked.  ( can it be encrypted ??, asking gingerly
;) )

TIA, a brief description in lay terms for a shell/perl/unix_admin and
his speical interest group would be greatly appreciated.

John

Linux Society