> I'm very sorry, but I cannot maintain Ruby/Tk now.
> I got damage on my left eye. My doctor told me to minimize the fatigue
> on my eyes for one or two months to avoid the detached retina.
> And my main work is enough to fatigue my eyes. :-)

I am very sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your eye!

> From: Albert Wagner <alwagner / tcac.net>
> Subject: Subtle bug in Ruby/Tk? (Attn: Hidetoshi Nagai)

Your to_s returns nil (puts returns nil, not the string it prints),
which it is not supposed to do: it should return a String.

Somehow, the result of the proc is passed to Tk (which is a Node!) as a
string (that's how Ruby and Tk communicate: via tcl, in strings).

Now the question is, what does Tk need the result for, to which I don't
have a clear answer. If it's like Ruby, tcl returns a value, which might be
intersting (a Tk object, in the case of the Ruby/Tk bindings). I'd have to
dig in more code than I want to find out.

Even though you're returning a Node and not a Tk object, I'm inclined to
say the bug is yours, Albert.

Bye,
Kero.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ---------- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+