Andrew Hunt wrote:
> 	>About (1): would it be possible for the installer to detect other
> 	>Tcl/Tk installations, and then automatically de-select the component
> 	>and set the variables correctly?
>
> I suppose; is there any general way to detect a Tcl/Tk installation?
> Some registry key or such? If there is, I could look for that, but I
> do not want to have to troll about the disk searching for it.

ActiveState Tcl sets a registry entry in

HKLM\Software\ActiveState\ActiveTcl\<version>

but it seems to only point out to the help system. One can probably
backtrace that path to see if the bins are in ..\bin (as they usually
are.)

Don't know for other installations (I used to have the standard
tcl/tk setup from the tcl home site on the other computer, but ...)

Another way could be to check for the presence of the HKCR\.tcl to
see who is it registered to. Looking for the default action of would
give you path and name of the executable and thus of the library.

> 	>About (2): what am I supposed to do?
>
> Give us a few days :-)

Sure enough, whatever you need :-)

Thank you very much.