See VimExtensions on the Ruby Garden wiki (if you don't know where that is, me
neither; I use rubycentral.com as a link repository).

You'll find a few tricks there.  Also search for "ruby" at www.vim.org.

Finally, put this in your {.vim/vimfiles}/ftplugin/ruby:

imap <S-CR> <CR><CR>end<Esc>-cc

Then type
  def fun(x)<S-CR>              (<S-CR> is shift-carriage_return)

and you'll see

  def fun(x)
    [cursor]
  end

That of course can be used with for, if, class, begin, ...

If you don't understand any of this or the above trick doesn't seem to work,
drop me an email.

Cheers,
Gavin