Massimiliano Mirra <list / NOSPAMchromatic-harp.com> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 03:57:22AM +0900, Alan Chen wrote:
> > > How do you run tests and then jump to offending lines?  I use to run
> > I've been running my unit tests from a makefile,
>
> Thanks to you and Alan for the tip.  A sensible approach.  But I
> wonder if any output buffer can be forced to be parsed into line
> anchors to another buffer.  Elisp wizards, hints?

Use M-x compile to run the tests, and set
compilation-error-regexp-alist to parse out the line number and file
name of the failing test. Then next-error (normally bound to ^X-` will
load the file and take you to the line in error. (This is all theory:
I've never tried parsing Test::Unit output, but I can't see a problem
doing it.)

Cheers

Dave