"Holden Glova" <dsafari / paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
news:200208172244.26638.dsafari / paradise.net.nz...

> I too have been following FreeRIDE - this week I stumbled upon some
> screenshots. One of them shows the beginnings of the debugger in action -
> looks nice. Great work FreeRIDE team!
>
> http://www.moldus.org/~laurent/FreeRIDE/screenshots/

Yes it looks good.

BTW: what about Web based IDE's. Recently some Web sites almost look as
desktop applications and are almost competive with some cross GUI tools -
for example the new beta version of Yahoo mail.

It does require a fast server and a fast internet connection. The bulk of
the IDE could be server based and editors could use a socket protocol to
interact with the server separately. Some Wiki's support integration with
text editors for example.

RDoc already has many features of a would be Web based IDE - click on a file
get the source open in your favorite editor. Save the changes to your
private online workspace. Merge to development branch whenever it suits you.
Now you can continue development anywhere your favorite editor is
installed - or even in a substand webform if need be.

Mikkel