"Christoph" <chr_news / gmx.net> wrote in message
news:ajlet2$llu$05$1 / news.t-online.com...

> # just for the heck of it, deanonymize anon ...
>
> p anon  # #<Class:0x277b6f8>
>
> A = anon

there it was - you did at again - you made it constant (i.e. static)  :-)

I get your point - class definitions are dynamic in nature and what I call
static behaves like any other class definition. But that was not my focus at
all. My concern was how classes get created automatically - the mysterious
origin of self.

Anyway I do not have any strong feelings for the word static - I just argued
why I originally use the term. I still see constant class instance
associated with a class as being somewhat static - but I have now learned
that the correct term is Meta Class (which incidently doesn't make
particularly more sense to me than static).

Mikkel