On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:35:50 -0500, Lyle Johnson
<lyle / users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>Lothar Scholz wrote:
>
>> TK. Because you should start with the one with the most clean design.
>
>Could you elaborate on the aspects of Tk's design that make it "cleaner"
>than the others?

No i don't have time to write a lot. But only 3 quick points that are
not solved in this quality anywhere else.

1) Layout management with Packer, Grid, Placer.
   This is much cleaner and more powerful then FOX layout which mixes
   layout hints into widgets where they definitely don't belong.

2) Event handling.
    Never seen any toolkit that does support only 10% of the  power
    that you get via TK.

3) Clean Interface. Everything works as expected. I can't remember
   that i had to deal with special cases.

4) Powerful widgets. If you look and see what you can do with text
   canvas, html and table widgets then you will be surprised.

But there is a disadvantage why i also use FOX as you know from my
postings on the FOX mailing list:

TK is dead.  Development is stalled and i can't see anything
why this should change in the future.