On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Kyle Wilson wrote:

> Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knows of a text editor which will
> perform syntax highlighting correctly for eruby/html code.  I'm looking
> for something similar to the way PHP/html is handled by vim.  Thanks.

I don't know if one exists already, but I'd imagine that you need to
create an rhtml vim syntax file for these pages, which could be done by
combining the ruby syntax file with the html syntax file.  I suspect
that it will be a fairly big job, though.  Then I think you need to
look at how vim determines the file type so that it can pick up the
.rhtml file and recognise it correctly.

I don't know much about writing syntax files, but if you find a way
to escape out of one syntax and into another I think it would be
very useful, for rhtml and for shellscripts with things like ruby -e
program, or sed -e program, or perl -e program, so that the program
can be highlighted correctly.

> Kyle

        Hugh