Berger, Daniel wrote:

> Trying to 'require fox' gives me ld errors, however, which I haven't tracked
> down yet.  Could be because I built fox with gcc 3.1 and fxruby with 2.95.

No, that's definitely not going to work (building FOX and FXRuby with
two different versions of gcc). In case you haven't heard, gcc has been
changing its C++ ABI (application binary interface) with almost every
new release. Yesterday, they released gcc 3.2 (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/changes.html) which, hopefully, will finally
stabilize the ABI -- but I'm not holding my breath ;)

Short story long:

You are almost certainly going to need to go back and recompile either
FOX or FXRuby (your choice ;) so that they're built with the same
version of gcc.