I've been brooding again on the circularities
in Ruby's classes.

Now I'm thinking of a particular question:
How would you explain where "new" comes from
in a class?

It's easy to say that all classes are objects
of the type Class.

So for example, Object has a "new" because it's
a Class. But on the other hand, Class is an
Object.

Would you say that Object gets "new" from Class,
or vice versa? Or neither? Or should I just not
worry about it?

This arose because I was trying to draw a picture
of Ruby's entire object model.

Comments, anyone? Matz, Dave, Guy, David? Others?

It's 1:35 a.m. my time. I should go to bed. I've
probably said something incorrect in this email.

Hal