[ I think barely caught up enough with life to poke my head out and
drop in a few words ]

> Just a few thoughts from Ruby in the Rainforest before I weigh in:
>
>   make a decision pretty soon.
>   let everyone know what the plans are (and the goals)
>   have story cards (or whatever) ready before the event
>   make sure at least two people (not travelling together) are ready to
>    steer the whole thing
>   you might want to make sure everyone can check out any existing
>    code/tests/docs/whatever before the leave for the event.

*) Make sure everyone has their respective modules installed that will
 be needed before development commences.

*) Publicize ferry schedules and other major events (some flower
 festival comes to mind) and plan travel plans accordingly.  <:~)

*) Once the gathering is over, commit your code quickly and see if you
 can keep the momentum moving to reach critical mass as fast as possible

*) Unless the gathering is for more than one day, it's likely best
 choose a location that is close for everyone: it will help
 attendance.

-sc

PS I'm still way behind and am running fast to try and catch up to
life (online and otherwise).

--
Sean Chittenden