Hi,

I want to build a simple flowchart application.  Something like Visio,
but much much simpler, with an open backend that I can
customize/extend.  And I'd like the icon to be clickable to launch
another screen or flowchart.

The constraint is that I cannot find/figure out any cheap RAD tool
(the likes of MS Access or Filemaker) that I can use to build this
app.  And I am not a hard-core programmer, either.

I heard Ruby is relatively easy to code and has a wealth of tools, so
I hope someone out there can point me to the right direction and/or
tool on how to start this project.

I use both Mac OS X and Windows 2000.

Thanks a lot in advance for any info.
S.H.