Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance about this project...
>
> Which, if any, of the following are possible
> with JRuby?
>
> 1. Compile a Ruby program to Java bytecodes

Not yet, but we hope to do this sooner or later.

> 2. Add a Swing-based GUI to a Ruby program

Yes, there is even a small example of this included.

> 3. Write an applet in Ruby which will then
>    run on a browser with a JVM

I think it would require bytecode compilation to create an applet
directly. But it should be possible to write some kind of launcher
applet that loads and runs a script.

Please do tell us if you write one! :)

/Anders
--

A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n  |  ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden               |

Gratis e-mail resten av livet p? www.yahoo.se/mail
Busenkelt!