--- Chris Morris <chrismo / clabs.org> wrote:
> Cool - I had inklings of something like this in my head ... but I
> couldn't
> put it together. I figured someone would be able to pop out an easy
> answer.
>
> Is the MD5 hash always going to be the same length (it seems that
> way from
> playing with it)? Will different implementations of MD5 yield the
> same
> output for the same input?

As a purely theoretical "nit" here, I don't think any hash function
will have any guarantees of uniqueness of output for all unique
inputs, though the chance for a collision is probably too small for
you to be concerned about given your domain space.

=====
--
Use your computer to help find a cure for cancer: http://members.ud.com/projects/cancer/

Yahoo IM: michael_s_campbell