On 2002.08.12, Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> wrote:

> Anyway, by "indenting a block" I meant "correcting the indentation",
> not "increasing the indent".   The former is handy when you've moved
> some code into the do...end block and require all the indentation to
> be fixed up.

True.  Vim's = (reindent) doesn't Do The Right Thing for me and
especially breaks when do/end is used instead of {}.

Before:

    [1, 2, 3].each do |x|
        p x
            p x
    end

After =4j:

    [1, 2, 3].each do |x|
    p x
    p x
    end

Before:

    [1, 2, 3].each { |x|
        p x
            p x
    }

After =4j:

    [1, 2, 3].each { |x|
        p x
            p x
    }

Not very useful in either case.  At least in the do/end, once it
unindents everything on you, you could go in and manually reindent
with >> ...

> --Gavin "imap <S-CR> <CR><CR>end<Esc><Up>cc" Sinclair

Ah, you must be one of those Gvim-using weirdos.  In my world,
there is no <S-CR> ... holding shift and pressing enter still
generates 0x0A.

-- Dossy