----- Original Message -----
From: "Dossy" <dossy / panoptic.com>

> On 2002.08.01, Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> wrote:
> > What's really unfortunate, though, is that Vim has some killer features
> > dealing with {...} blocks (on account of its C heritage and the plain
> > ubiqity of such blocks.
> >
> > For example, you can delete, change, indent, or do whatever you like to the
> > contents of {...} (or (...), [...], etc.) in an instant, no matter where
the
> > cursor is in the block.
> >
> > Obviously, this functionality does not apply to do...end blocks.  Despite
> > this loss, I still use do...end because it seems more fitting for Ruby.
>
> If you can't indent a do-end block by starting at the "do" line and
> typing ">/end^M" then I might be willing to go out on a limb and
> say that your block is trying to do too much and needs to be
> refactored.
>
> ;-)
>
> Seriously, no offense meant.
>
> -- Dossy

That's a fair point, and I would never (admit to) having a do...end block of
more than 10 lines! ;)

Anyway, by "indenting a block" I meant "correcting the indentation", not
"increasing the indent".   The former is handy when you've moved some code into
the do...end block and require all the indentation to be fixed up.

--Gavin "imap <S-CR> <CR><CR>end<Esc><Up>cc" Sinclair