> I'm a Python - OO developer (on Win2K) and a few days ago one friend
> of mine (a Java developer) says to me: "switch to Ruby, is better than
> Python and is Object Orientation is more pure than Python..."
>
> Then (I have no problems switching to Ruby) I asked myself: " why I
> have to do that " ?

You don't.  Python is a very capable language.  That said, many people with
Python experience have decided Ruby better suits their needs.

> Could anyone answer for me?

This has been discussed on ruby-talk before, and you might want to check out

http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/vframe.rb?key=Python&cginame=namazu.rb&dbna
me=ruby-talk&max=50&whence=0

James