Recently, I was rather surprised to learn that singleton methods aren't
able to access protected/private members of a class.
Unfortunately, I'd like to have a class with multiple singleton
'constructor' methods.  Each would return a new instance of the class,
initialized properly.  None of these actions would really make sense to
have in Initialize.
Well, if the singleton method can't access protected/private
members/methods of the class, then how can I have protected portions of
the class (to avoid problems with normal users of the class), and still have
a signleton method create intiailized instances of the class?

Hopefully I'm completely missing the boat on this one and there's a
solution to my problem.

Thanks,
Patrick Bennett