Hi,

From: "Christoph" <chr_news / gmx.net>

> "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > Hm, maybe you want to benchmark my solution, Chr0002, as well?
> >
> > Whoops, I don't seem to have Array#any? and Array#all?.  :)  New
> > methods in 1.7 I guess?
>
> Yup, they are a generalization of  && and || to Enumerables.
[...]

Thanks!

Unfortunately both solutions there failed one or more of the tests.
The first (larger in lines of code) failed on these:

    items = [ 2,2 ]
    rows = [ [1,2], [2,3] ]

    items = [ 1,2,2 ]
    rows = [ [1,2], [1,2], [1,3] ]

The second failed on just the latter dataset, above.  (And both
failed on my larger 'benchmark' dataset...)

. . . Those unit tests are merciless, huh?  :-)

Regards,

Bill