In message "Re: More questions on automation from naż×eWindows user."
    on 02/08/06, "Chris Morris" <chrismo / clabs.org> writes:

>   ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
>   ie.ole_methods.each do |x| p x.name end
>
> ole_methods is a method of the ie instance (btw, you can also do ie.methods
> to get a list of the Ruby methods available), but I noticed it only returns
> some methods and properties (as documented at the msdn.microsoft.com). I'm
> not sure why other important methods (like Navigate) and props (like
> Document) aren't returned. Maybe Masaki Suketa is lurking and can answer
> this for us.

Sorry, I have noticed this problem, but not fixed yet.

FYI, You can get Navigate information from typelibrary name (Microsoft
Internet Controls).

  require 'win32ole'
  WIN32OLE_TYPE.ole_classes('Microsoft Internet Controls').each do |c|
    c.ole_methods.sort{|m1, m2|
      m1.name <=> m2.name
    }.each do |m|
      puts m.name
      m.params.each do |p|
        print "  " + p.ole_type + " " + p.name
        pinfo = []
        pinfo.push "in" if p.input?
        pinfo.push "out" if p.output?
        pinfo.push "optional" if p.optional?
        print "[" + pinfo.join(",") + "]" if !pinfo.empty?
        print "(= #{p.default})" if p.default
        puts "\n"

The sample/olegen.rb creates more detail information.

I use the latest version(0.4.8.1) of Win32OLE ;-)

  Regards,
  Masaki Suketa