----- Original Message -----
From: "Kero van Gelder" <kero / chello.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 2:04 PM
Subject: [OT] GUI's and the Rouge, Part IV

> Funny, two savannah accounts for the same objective:
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/rouge/
>
> But the only code I know of is for the so-called Gamma part of Rouge
> (by me, doh), building on Xlib, called Ruby-Wise:
>   http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder/ruby/wise/
>
> To give an idea of usability: I'm running an addressbook app with it on my
> iPAQ. It is far from finished, but very much alive.

Maybe his energy can be used on your project,
if the paradigms are not incompatible.

Unfortunately, there are as many perceptions
of what a GUI ought to be as there are GUI
programmers. That is why we have so many GUIs.

And it is so much harder than it looks. That
is why none of them is perfect.

Hal