Hi,

I don't think it is similar to get the name of a variable.  When Ruby
calls a method, in the background it must call a C function.  I want to
get the pointer of this function, not its name.

The problem is in my case, someone else (the user) will define the method
in Ruby, and so I cannot record it when the method is defined.

Basically, in my extension, instead of writing

    rb_funcall (obj, rb_intern ("func_name"), n, ...);

I just want to call the function directly, something like

    func_name_ptr (obj, n, ...);

to reduce the overhead (because this call is done hundreds of thousands
times per second).

Regards,

Bill