--- Ian Macdonald <ian / caliban.org> wrote:
> On Sun 04 Aug 2002 at 06:26:20 +0900, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
>
> > I talked to matz about this a few weeks ago and he invited me to
> ruby-
> > core to delve into it since he has no experience with porting
> stuff.
>
> Well, no porting is really necessary to get the basic package
> running. It's just another ARM based device, so you just need to use
> cross-compiler and point it at the right libraries, etc.
> [...snip...]
>
> A next step would be to add a true Zaurus .ipk package, as they
> require very little knowledge on the part of the user. On the other
> hand, anyone wanting to hack Ruby on a Zaurus is probably not going
> be averse to getting their hands dirty on a tar file.
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Macdonald               | Alexander Graham Bell is alive and well
> in
> ian / caliban.org             | New York, and still waiting for a dial
>                             | tone.
Just FYI,

Some time ago this mailing list provided the following link to a Ruby
ipk for the Zaurus:

http://familiar.handhelds.org/feeds/unstable/ruby_1.6.5-1_arm.ipk.
There are other Ruby packages there as well, including tk.

I followed the above link and installed Ruby (only) on my Zaurus with
no problems (and also no testing, so take that with a grain of salt :-)
).

Maybe you can sync up with the maintainer of this ipk, if you can
figure out who it is.

later...

=====