"Justin Johnson" <justinj / mobiusent.com> wrote in message
news:3d50209c$1_9 / news5.nntpserver.com...
> Could anyone kindly point out the difference between 'dup' and 'clone'?
>
> I've been having a look at the Ruby source code but I can't find an
official
> explanation.

Hmmm, according to the Pickaxe book "In general, clone and dup may have
different semantics in descendent classes. While clone is used to duplicate
an object, including its internal state, dup typically uses the class of the
descendent object to create the new instance."

I must say that this doesn't make it clearer for myself either :/

Regards,
Paul