As part of my crusade to make Ruby an automation language I read up a little
on COM. Microsoft and a few others claim that they have COM for most *nixen.
I don't remember it from my Linux days, but could they be right or is this
wishful thinking. I don't want to reinvent the wheel I Win32OLE really runs
everywhere or could be easily adapted to do so. On the other hand, its name
implies it doesn't.

Anybody have the real story on Unix COM?
--
I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable
to sit still in a room. -Blaise Pascal, philosopher and mathematician