On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 06:25:54AM +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> I heard it's not guaranteed to work with sockets, and
> WSAEventSelect() is needed to handle sockets but it set the
> socket to non-blocking mode.  Currently, non-blocking IO causes
> Errno::EWOULDBLOCK exception.  We're still discussing about
> NBIO ([ruby-talk:46296]).

I wonder what "not guaranteed" means.

ACE (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html), which is designed for
working with sockets and doing network programming, uses
WaitForMultipleObjects in its WFMO reactor.  If ACE can do it, then I'm
sure Ruby can as well, but not being a Windows programmer, I don't know
what kinds of issues there might be.

Paul