Tom Sawyer wrote:
> can any FXRuby experts out there tell why i am getting this error:
>
>  FXPopup::create: trying to create window before creating owner window.
>
> i am trying to create a FXComboBox. it also happens trying to create a
> FXListBox.
>
> here's my line of code:
>
>   @components[component] = FXComboBox.new(self, 1, component.lines, nil,
> 0, LAYOUT_FILL_X)
>
> self is the class instance which inherits FXMainWindow. and FXMainWindow
> is created on intialization.

Are you creating this new FXComboBox (or FXListBox) sometime after
you've already made the initial call to FXMainWindow#create? If so, you
probably just need to call #create on the FXComboBox after constructing
it, i.e.

     @components[component] = FXComboBox.new(...)
     @components[component].create

For a little more information about why this is so, please refer to the
FOX FAQ topic "When I construct a window at the beginning it works, but
when I construct it later it doesn't":

     http://www.fox-toolkit.org/faq.html#CREATELATER

Hope this helps,

Lyle