> I do have IE and it's supposedly scriptable. I just
> can't discover the vocabulary to script it.

msdn.microsoft.com is where I usually go to find stuff. Sometimes it's hard
to find exactly where the stuff is, but it's usually in there somewheres.
Googling msdn.microsoft.com is often handy. Entering
'site:msdn.microsoft.com internetexplorer.application' brings up the
following link on the 1st shot:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/webbrows
er/reference/objects/internetexplorer.asp

I've got some wrapper Ruby classes for IE that I use in acceptance testing
web apps. It's not formally released anywhere yet, but you can scrounge for
it here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/scrapware/scrapware/cliecontr
oller/

As far as 'Intellisensing' info out of an instance -- I just played around
with this. You can get some stuff like this:

  ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
  ie.ole_methods.each do |x| p x.name end

ole_methods is a method of the ie instance (btw, you can also do ie.methods
to get a list of the Ruby methods available), but I noticed it only returns
some methods and properties (as documented at the msdn.microsoft.com). I'm
not sure why other important methods (like Navigate) and props (like
Document) aren't returned. Maybe Masaki Suketa is lurking and can answer
this for us.

Chris
http://clabs.org