Hi all,

I'm still working on making Ruby an automation language for the Mac and
along those lines I thought I'd check out what's available on Windows. It
seems that profound ignorance of how Windows works is not an asset in this
endeavor. Please answer in a way that will convey something to a Windows
na?f if that is at all possible.

Ok, here are the questions:

1) What is the relationship between ActiveScriptRuby and WIN32OLE? Is the
latter useful by itself?

2) How does the scripter know what capabilities the target application has
under Windows? The example on page 168 of the PickAxe Book assumes a lot of
knowledge on the part of the scripter about Excel's internal objects. Mac
Excel has an object browser so it's easy to see what objects are inside
Excel and to discover their methods. Does the same thing apply on Windows? I
don't have Win Excel but I do have IE and it's supposedly scriptable. I just
can't discover the vocabulary to script it.

3) The PickAxe book talks about "dynamic lookups." Could someone provide
some insight on how this works?

TIA,
-Chris
--
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx