On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 10:57:27PM +0900, ts wrote:

> T> How can I find out which constant was missing ?
> T> Is it possible to put this code in module so program which uses the
> T> module doesn't have to catch anything ?
>
>  I've not yet understood what you want to do. Can you give a concrete
>  example ?

I want to make a module that has functions and classes, just like any
other module, but with exception that they created at the time of
first usage.

So user program calls Foo::Bar.new
Foo::Bar isn't registered yet. So Ruby calls some function in Foo,
which sees that "Bar" is being requested. It checks in it's database
what bar ought to be, creates it, and calls Foo::Bar.new, which
returns new object. Next time when Foo::Bar is called it already
exists, so nothing extraordinary needs to happen.

I think it might be good idea in case when Foo contains lot of classes
but only very small percent of them is actually used.