Hello,

I'm planning to write a system consisting of a supervise process (which
I want to write in Ruby) and several transaction processes (written in
Perl due to library issues). I have spent some time now, looking at Rinn,
but it doesn't support long long and all in all, it doesn't seem like
something you'd use for a production system yet.

Other alternatives seems to be SOAP og XML-RPC; however I am a little
concerned about the performance of XML based solutions; the supervise
process needs to scale to about 80 operations/second, with bursts of
twice that.

Does anyone have practical experience with the performance of SOAP og
XML-RPC for Ruby? Or know of viable alternatives?

All help appreciated!

--
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shores of the Nonestic Ocean. I watched magic blunderbusses flash