Hi All,

I'm using Ruby 1.6.6 (Andy's version) on Win NT 4 SP5 or 6, and Win XP.
I wrote a simple TCP server with the following accept loop:

    def accept_loop
    	session = nil
    	req = ''
    	while(session = @server.accept)
    	   p Socket.getnameinfo(session.getpeername)
      	   req = session.read(200)
      	   verify_request(req)
      	   session.write(@reply)
	       session.close

The 'p' statement is there because I want to get the foreign/remote ip and
port
of the socket connection. But getnameinfo(getpeername) does not work for me.
get the following error after a connection is made:
encotoneserver.rb:24:in `getnameinfo': getnameinfo: address family for
hostname
not supported. (SocketError)
        from encotoneserver.rb:24:in `accept_loop'
        from encotoneserver.rb:40
What is the right way to get the foreign ip and port?

Barry