----- Original Message -----
From: "ts" <decoux / moulon.inra.fr>

> G>    [x, y, z].map { $_ == [nil] }
>
>  Well, you have in the ToDo
>
>    * discourage use of symbol variable (e.g. $/, etc.) in manual
>    * discourage use of Perlish features by giving warnings.
>
>  Seems not really compatible, for me

Hmmmm.... fair point.  I rarely use Perlish features in Ruby; this just
seems a useful shortcut (I really like Ruby's terseness without sacrificing
clarity).  In particular, "array.map { |e| e.to_i }" just seems too verbose
for what it does.

Anyway, I can see how such a shortcut could lead to unreadable code when
people neglect to name complex parameters.

I also note the RCR David referred to in a related post.

--Gavin